Sunday, August 8, 2010

What happens in the class...

For the first time in this semester we are having class with Dr. Jaya for just an hour. He speaks about other things then the subject for about 45 minutes. He talks about a lot of useful things for us. The practicum for an example, it’s a 'hot topic' so to say for this semester.
The second thing he spoke about was about the project paper where we are assigned our own supervisor. I was given Cik Pah whom I am very familiar with. On week six I need to meet her and discuss about my topic. Talking about topic, I don’t have any topic in my mind! Then we have another paper to write, that is position paper. This subject has no exams yet it has many assignments, three to be precise. Dr. Jaya keeps saying this course is to make us relax but I yet to see it.
Next, we learned about fables. So what is a fable? A fable is a short, pithy animal tale, most often told or written with a moral tagged on in the form of a proverb. Thus to convey a moral is the aim of most fables, and the tale is the vehicle by which this is done, providing both an illustration of and compelling argument for the moraIt is interesting to read fables because it always gives moral of the story at the end of it.
Dr. Jaya gave us a task to form a group of four and come up with our own fable during tutorial. It is exciting to do because it’s our own fable where we must come up with our own moral of the story. We have two days to think about a fable and do it in a comic strip form in our next tutorial. Here comes our fable!

1 comment:

  1. Haha..I was given to Cik Pah as well.REmember that i have no idea on what to do for my project paper at that time. But, i am doing my second draft in which the implication is to instill political awareness among students through Henrik Ibsen's "Enemy of the people"^^

    ReplyDelete